Most-Used Container Security Tools for Developers in 2022
What is a Container Security Tool?
- Support for role-based access control and six different role permissions
- Next-gen vulnerability scanner
- Open-source container tools for SBOMs and container vulnerability scanning
- DevOps integrations for collaboration software, CI/CD, image registries like Red Hat, and container orchestration platforms
- API for runtime compliance checks
- Kubernetes image scanning
- Scanning and compliance are not sufficient for heavy enterprises.
02. Aqua Security
- For threat detection and behavioral anomaly using Aqua DTA
- Blocking activities that violate the policies
- Auditing data
- Secrets Management
- Scanning of container images
- Ranking of vulnerabilities
- Availability of image assurance policies
- To locate the risk in Kubernetes, availability of Aqua Risk Explorer
- Aquara is best for Kubernetes and Docker and it less benefits the businesses that run containers on multiple environments.
03. Palo Alto
- Availability of auto-remediation tool for misconfigurations
- Scanning and reports
- Hosts management console
- Resolve problems quickly and highly stable
- Using Public Cloud Environment views public cloud workload.
- There is an improvement scope of compute functions and customers want more customization.
- Add on the feature of Container Runtime Security
- Policy to block images
- Availability of both Pre-built dashboards and customizable dashboards
- Automatic generation of reports
- Offering CMDB Sync for Service Now CMDB integration
- Customer feedback is negative towards their support
- Automatic OSS scanning
- Many integrations available
- Integration available with GitLab and GitHub
- Codebase scans
- Good customer support
- Integration with CI/CD
- Some users had complaints about integration challenges or inconsistencies.
- Image blocking for vulnerable images
- Support available for third-party image scanners
- Configuration management and remediation of misconfiguration
- Openshift platforms, detection, and response in runtime
- Based on the traffic behavioral modeling, automatic generation of YAML files
- Identifying non-compliant clusters and nodes through policy templates via audit reports.
- StackRox is not suitable for enterprises, as they run containers in other environments. It is heavily designed for Kubernetes only.
- Automated image scannung in CI/CD
- Have CSPM
- Promtheus integration
- Kubernetes pod and node health slack notifcations
- Evaluation of hosts, kubernetes, containers, and cloud
- Advanced documentation features
- Dashboard loads slowly, sometimes.
Hence, containerization has evolved into a deployment style which increased the requirement of these containers. The availability of such security tools helps to build a strong ecosystem for different environments. It is important to maintain the network layer security too. The popularity of containers has brought the attention of hackers, and the security of containers has become more important than ever. Can’t deal with it alone, contact expert app developers for the best assistance.