Dominating App Development trends of 2019!
App Development and the use of mobile apps aren’t hidden from anyone. We have already witnessed several changes that those astonishing applications have made in our lives and continuously making for years. And due to their massive acceptance, they are one of the great opportunities for organizations as well as individuals to enhance their reach and engagement.
App development trends for 2019 and above years.
It’s 21st Century and a complete digital era, where we can control our lives through smartphones and the statistics listed in “21 Mind blowing Stats of Mobile App Industry” are enough making a quick zest. From 1973 to 2019, we’ve witnessed the complete evolution of handheld devices as in terms of look, style, features and accessibility.
01. On-demand Solutions
- Around 42% adult population of America, which is around 86.5 million, are already using at-least one on-demand app.
- In the year 2014, the revenue of the on-demand industry was just $14 billion, which is forecasted to reach at $335 billion mark by 2025.
- 49% of the total consumers are Millennials and 55% of users are male.
- 63% of the workers are happy with their job roles.
- 33% people work for more than one platform.
02. Internet of Things (IoT)
- There were around 20.35 billion connected devices in the year 2017, which is forecasted to reach at 75.44 billion mark by 2021.
- According to Global Data, worldwide revenue of IoT industry was $1.3 Trillion in the year 2018, and it’s predicted to cross $3.18 Trillion by 2023.
- In every second, around 127 IoT enabled devices connect to the internet.
- By 2020, we will witness 50% more growth in business investment and consumer spending in IoT segment.
- Business investment will grow from $215 billion in 2015 to $832 billion in 2020, while on the other hand, consumer spending will reach from $72 billion to $236 billion by 2020.
- Global market by category:
- Automotive Market will reach $104.2 billion by 2023
- Healthcare Market will reach $158 billion by 2022
- Retail Market will reach $35.64 billion by 2020
- Education Market will reach $11.3 billion by 2023
03. Gaming Solutions
- Fantasy Sports Games
- Prediction & Quiz Games
- Word & Puzzle Games
- As per the research of Newzoo, almost 50% of the global games market holds by the Mobile Games.
- 50% of the consumer spending around $66.2 billion occurs only from the Asia-Pacific region.
- Gaming is the most popular category in the play store with the highest number of app downloads.
- The revenue of the global gaming market will reach at the mark of $180.1 billion by 2021, which was recorded $137.9 billion in 2018.
- Almost 78% of global gamers are Android users. And more than 62% of adult population install a game within a week of owning it.
- Global gamers population is around 2.2 billion, in which India contributes one-tenth around 222 million.
- Fantasy Sports users are expected to reach at 2.71 billion mark by the end of 2019 along with 352.9 billion app downloads and $90 billion revenue.
04. Mobile Wallets
- Around 2.07 billion global consumers will use a mobile wallet to make a purchase or payment or to send money in 2019, which was around 1.6 billion in 2017.
- China is leading the list of top countries who adopts mobile wallet payments with the highest number of users.
- “eMarketer” research stats that around 93.3 million Indian users will use mobile wallets in 2019.
- Digital payments in India are predicted to touch the mark of $700 billion by the year 2022.
- Worldwide digital payment market is forecasted to reach $13.9 trillion mark by 2022, which was around $3.1 trillion in 2017.
- “WeChat Pay” claims that they have more than 1 billion active users worldwide, which is the highest in this industry.
05. Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR)
- Global market of AR/VR forecast to reach $192.7 billion by 2022, which was just $12.1 billion in 2018.
- Pokémon Go generated the revenue of $1.2 billion, with more than 752 million app downloads.
- Forecasted worldwide economic impact of AR and VR will be 29.5 billion USD by 2020.
- In 2019, 13% people of the US (around 42.9 million) will use VR and 20.8% (around 68.7 million) will use AR at least once per month.
- By 2020, total revenue of Virtual Reality (VR) industry is expected to reach $20 billion.
- Forecasted number of active VR users worldwide is around 171 million in 2018.
Wrap up words!
App Development Trends 2019
A complete guide for the eminent app developers with the industry stats. To get to know the details, download the 41 pages whitepaper here!