21 Mind blowing Stats of Mobile App Industry
The above statement completely suits to Mobile App Industry, which is almost 4 decades old and still amaze their users through emerging mobile app development solutions. For an instance, “After making the first call from the first mobile device, researchers & developers spend almost 2 decades to develop the very first mobile app, which laid the foundation of today’s Mobile App Industry.”
21 Mind boggling Stats of Mobile App Industry
- In India, more than 390.9 million mobile internet users are recorded by Statista in 2018, which is projected to reach 500.9 million mark by 2023 (source).
- Mobile internet traffic is almost 47.96% in total global internet traffic (source).
- Around 89% revenue of mobile games generated from India.
- The worth of India gaming industry will reach to $1.1 billion by 2020.
- In India, there are around 340 million smartphone users, which is forecasted to reach 442.5 million by 2022 (source).
- India has the world’s lowest rate of per GB internet data.
- There are around 4.4 billion internet users worldwide as of April 2019, in which Asia has more than 2 billion internet users (source).
- Worldwide internet user penetration in 2018 was 48.9%, which is projected to reach 53.7% by 2021 (source).
- In 2019, worldwide smartphone users are 2.5 billion, which was 2.1 billion in 2016 (source).
- There are almost 12 million mobile app developers exist in the world, which is projected to reach 14 million by 2020 (source).
- In 2016, global mobile app revenue was $88.3 billion, which is forecasted to cross $188.9 billion mark by 2020 (source).
- There are around 2.6 million apps available on Google Play store as of march 2019 (source) following by Apple app store with 1.8 million apps.
- A smartphone user spent approx. 3 hours per day on different mobile apps.
- Mobile websites get more visitors than mobile apps, but visitors spend more time on apps.
- On an average around 30 thousand apps used to get submitted every month on Apple iTunes only.
- There are around 2.46 billion social media users worldwide, which is forecasted to cross 3.02 billion mark by 2021 (source).
- 25% of the app market is covered through gaming apps only and most of them are free of cost.
- By 2021, almost 40% of the global population will own a smartphone.
- The number of smartphone devices that were sold in 2018 to global end users is around 1.56 billion, which is projected to reach 1.7 billion mark by 2020 (source).
- 85% traveler uses their smartphones to book their next travel activity.
- 21% of Millennials open an app 50+ times per day.
Infographic representation of mobile app industry stats:
If you own a business and wants to enhance your reach, just take a look at the stats above and make an instant decision to engage your target audience with an amazing mobile application. Keep it in mind that only an experienced mobile app developer can perform as per your inception, so, choose one wisely.