21 Mind blowing Stats of Mobile App Industry
21 Mind boggling Stats of Mobile Industry
- In India, more than 390.9 million mobile internet users are recorded by Statista in 2018, which is projected to reach 500.9 million mark by 2023 (source).
- Mobile internet traffic is almost 47.96% in total global internet traffic (source).
- Around 89% revenue of mobile games generated from India.
- The worth of India gaming industry will reach to $1.1 billion by 2020.
- In India, there are around 340 million smartphone users, which is forecasted to reach 442.5 million by 2022 (source).
- India has the world’s lowest rate of per GB internet data.
- There are around 4.4 billion internet users worldwide as of April 2019, in which Asia has more than 2 billion internet users (source).
- Worldwide internet user penetration in 2018 was 48.9%, which is projected to reach 53.7% by 2021 (source).
- In 2019, worldwide smartphone users are 2.5 billion, which was 2.1 billion in 2016 (source).
- There are almost 12 million mobile app developers exist in the world, which is projected to reach 14 million by 2020 (source).
- In 2016, global mobile app revenue was $88.3 billion, which is forecasted to cross $188.9 billion mark by 2020 (source).
- There are around 2.6 million apps available on Google Play store as of march 2019 (source) following by Apple app store with 1.8 million apps.
- A smartphone user spent approx. 3 hours per day on different mobile apps.
- Mobile websites get more visitors than mobile apps, but visitors spend more time on apps.
- On an average around 30 thousand apps used to get submitted every month on Apple iTunes only.
- There are around 2.46 billion social media users worldwide, which is forecasted to cross 3.02 billion mark by 2021 (source).
- 25% of the app market is covered through gaming apps only and most of them are free of cost.
- By 2021, almost 40% of the global population will own a smartphone.
- The number of smartphone devices that were sold in 2018 to global end users is around 1.56 billion, which is projected to reach 1.7 billion mark by 2020 (source).
- 85% traveler uses their smartphones to book their next travel activity.
- 21% of Millennials open an app 50+ times per day.
Infographic representation of mobile app industry stats: