How much does it cost to make an eLearning app in 2022?
With the education industry going digital, eLearning apps have become an integral part of delivering knowledge and education to the students. The eLearning app or online tutor app has bridged the gap between tutors and learners. In the past two years, the growth of e-learning apps has grown exponentially and now there are hundreds of e-learning apps in the market.
Table of Content
- Market overview of e-learning application
- Basic features of e-learning application
- Technology needed for eLearning app
- Team structure for eLearning app
- Cost to develop e-learning application
- Conclusion – The final words!
MARKET OVERVIEW OF E-LEARNING APPLICATION
Due to the pandemic situation in the last two years the industry has received an unprecedented boost. In 2019, the global EdTech investment was nearly $18.66 billion. Researchers claim that by the year 2026, the global online education market will reach up to $370 billion, from $226 billion in 2020 at a CAGR of 8.56% during 2021-2026.
The increase in efficiency is also one of the reasons for the growth of eLearning app market. 40% of companies are in fact using the online learning app or online tutor app for their training session. Also, the eLearning apps which support the mobile platform have seen the growth of the mobile learning market of $38 billion at the end of 2021.
BASIC FEATURES OF E-LEARNING APPLICATION
Here are the few basic features which work as the foundation to build the basic eLearning app as per the market requirement. The features are used to be segregated into 3 main segments:
Student Panel Features:
- Signup and Login
- Search option to find required courses and content
- Chat, video, and call options to interact with educators
- Certificate options
Tutor Panel Features:
- Easy registration and signup
- Profile management
- Interact personally with students
- Rating and reviews
Admin Panel Features:
- Student profile management
- Educator profile management
- Content management
- Statistics and reports
- Earning reports
Let’s discuss your idea with us on coffee.
TECHNOLOGY NEEDED FOR ELEARNING APP
Technology always considered as the backbone of any solution, and in case of online learning industry, it becomes more essential to choose the trendiest, smartest, and fastest performing technology for education app development. Here are the possible technologies used to build the eLearning app or online tutor app.
- Mobile SDK – Android and ios
- SMS, Voice, and phone verification – Nexmo, Twilio
- Push Notifications – Twilio, Push.io
- Payments – Braintree & PayPal, E-wallets, Stripes
- Datastax – for data management
- Debian – The universal operating system
- GWT – for powerful programming
- Database – MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, MailChimp Integration
- Cloud Environment – AWS
- Mandrill – for everything related to the emails
- Streaming Media System – Helix Universal Server, Nimble Streamer, Wowza streaming engine
- Real-time analytics – Spark, Hadoop, Apache Flink, Cisco, IBM, BigData
Hire professional and experienced app development services like RG Infotech to use the right technology as per your app-building objective
TEAM STRUCTURE FOR ELEARNING APP
Here is the full team structure to develop an online learning application or online tutor app solution. Just hire professional education app development services provider and let them build the most efficient eLearning app for you.
- Project Manager – A project manager is responsible to manage the development and execution of the e-learning app.
- Android/iOS Developers – Developers select the platform as per the requirement of the e-learning application and add the features as per the compatibility with the platform.
- Back-end Developers – Back-end developers create, code, and improve the server, server-side applications, and databases that, when combined with front-end codes, help to create a functional, seamless experience for the end-user.
- Front-end Developers – A front-end web developer is responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact within a web application.
- UX/UI Designers – UX/UI designers are essential to building a functional yet attractive application to make sure that users are having a rich user experience.
- QA Testers – Testers test the quality of the applications and make sure that the app is working smoothly.
- Delivery Manager – The delivery Manager handles the deployment of the application.
COST TO DEVELOP E-LEARNING APPLICATION
The cost of an eLearning app solution or an online education platform completely depends on numerous factors from choosing the type of app and it’s advance features, to hiring the finest app development services provider across the globe. The online education app development cost varies as per geo-location, type of app development services, time consumed in the complete process, and the trending technology used in the app. Here’s the proper estimation of cost:
GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION-BASED APP DEVELOPMENT PRICE.
- Whereas the cost of app development in eastern Europe region is $80 to $180 per hour.
- The rate of Indian developers is $20-$40per hour. That’s why usually business owners prefer Indian app development services for the most affordable eLearning app services.
COST ESTIMATION BASED ON THE TIME REQUIRE FOR THE DEVELOPMENT.
- Research & Analysis is the first and primary step to begin the eLearning app development process. It requires nearly 40 hours to do research and study the market & competitors to build a unique online learning platform.
- UI Design & App Prototyping – UI design decides the user experience of using a particular application.
App Prototype is a kind of blueprint of your final application. It gives you a brief idea about the look and functionality of your online learning application after deployment.
For both UI Design and App Prototype, it requires a total of 120 hours.
- Code Development – One of the most important processes which require time and focus both. The whole functionality and operation of your app depends on the code of the application. The estimated time required is 240 hours, which can increase further as per the app requirement.
- App Development – Apart from the above processes the total app development requires an estimated time of 480 hours.
- Web & App Testing – Testing is the process of finding bugs and eliminating all the possibilities of errors to increase the functionality of e-learning applications. Make sure you are not avoiding the testing process just to deploy and launch the app; a minor mistake can raise questions on the quality of your services. Testing demands almost 40 hours.
However, the estimated total hours to develop a basic online learning app or online tutor app is around 920 hours, which means the cost will be $23000 to $36800. Although, we have performed a great research to idealize the estimation of working hours, but It’s not a fixed cost, as it can be increased or decrease; with the separation or integration of advanced technology and features.
CONCLUSION - Final words!
Developing a unique online learning platform or online tutor solution is not easy. As the market is filled with competitors; it is quite challenging to bring something fresh yet relatable. From developing time to cost; nothing is fixed as everything relies on your requirement in the application. Hire professional app developers to make sure your investment in building eLearning App is worthy and you can fulfil your purpose of building such an app.