Android 12: Here’s What You Need to Know – A detailed Overview!
Android 12 is the new update of the Android operating system with advanced features and exclusive performance. The beta version of Android has been available since May. The new Android 12 has features like customized color palettes, notifications, battery-saving performance, etc.
Check out the Android 12 preview to know what Google is offering under the latest update.
Release Date of Android 12
The Android 12 will be released soon either in September or October. Google is taking time, as the new Android version will have drastic changes.
Android 12 Compatible Devices
Google is planning to release the Android 12 final version. Till then the new android version is available for the following devices. For the final launch, you might need to install the Android 12 from the beginning, so it is advisable to wait for the final version.
- Pixel 3/3 XL
- Pixel 3a/3a XL
- Pixel 4/4 XL
- Pixel 4a/4a 5G
- Pixel 5
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
- Xiaomi Mi 11
- Xiaomi Mi 11i (Mi 11X/Redmi K40 Pro)
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro (China-only)
- OnePlus 9 Pro
- OnePlus 9
- OPPO Find X3 Pro
- Vivo iQOO 7 Legend
- Realme GT
- Nokia X20
- ASUS ZenFone 8
- Tecno Camon 17
- TCL 20 Pro 5G
- ZTE Axon 30 5G Ultra
Download the Android 12
Just like the other Android update version, you will get the notification to update Android 12 on its first release. Also, the update will depend on the device you are using like Google, Samsung, OnePlus or Xiaomi.
In general, to update the Android, go to the System < Advanced < System Update < Check for Updates. If there is any update, it will be visible on your screen.
New features in the Android 12
There will be a lot of changes will be seen in the new Android 12. This Android Update will be much faster and advanced. Here are the list of new features will be available in the new Android 12 update:
- Auto Rotate – The new Android 12 will be the fastest version among all Android updates. A face detection feature is added to help the system understand when to rotate the screen. Due to the newly optimized animation, the latency rate of auto-rotation is reduced up to 25%. This feature will be exclusively available for the Pixel 4 and the new devices with the beta 3 version.
- Internet Panel – Now when you click on the “Internet” tile, a new window will be visible on the screen with all the available internet connections. No direct connection to the Wi-Fi section.
- Splash Screen – There will be a splash for all the applications. It will be automatically visible for each application. In the android app development process, developers can tweak the splash for better branding and layouts.
- Setting Page – The setting panel is redesigned. A small search bar with a rounded corner is added. Now, for users, it is easy to tell whether the setting is on or off.
- Audio – The media player setting is now more customizable. On the long press on the audio settings, a user can turn on and off the settings for a particular app.
- Content Insert Settings – Google is giving more liberty to the user to control media using a keyboard, drag, and drop. Users can use the following options to insert media. The supported format in the new API will be images, videos, audio, plain and styled text, files, and many more. It will be easy and speed up the process of sharing files.
- Screenshot – If you are taking screenshots on your Pixel device, in Android 12, you can even add text, emoji, stickers using the same tool. It is nothing big, but it will surely save the user’s time to moving to a third-party app for all these edits.
- Overview Suggestion – When you long press on the home screen, you will find an option of overview suggestion in the pull-up settings. Turning on these settings will suggest actions for the recent apps like copy website links etc.
Features for Android Developers
Android 12 will not be good for only the users, but also the developers will enjoy the app development with the advanced features of Android 12.
- Media Transcoding – Google will be introducing the transcoding layer in Android 12, where all the unsupported apps can also enjoy the benefit of video compression. Moreover, those apps which don’t support HEVC can also request Android 12 to transcode video files.
- AVIM Image – Android 12 will be having AVIF support, the quality better than the JPEG, without compromising the large files.
- Foreground services in-app – Google will be blocking the background apps in the Android 12 version from introducing any foreground services. This will allow the android developers to prioritize their work.
- System Performance – In Android 12 app development, Google is improving the workload distribution and latency, which will enhance the system performance.
- Debugging – Google is going to completely change the experience of debugging for all the android developers by making opt-in changes.
- Optimization on different devices – The Android 12 will be available for tablets, foldable, and TV devices.
- APIs for Games – The beta 2 version will have the microphone and camera privacy settings. Under 12 Android users will get the alert when the app will be using a microphone and camera.
- APIs – With the Android app, developers can turn on specific settings like a long battery for game mode. In this new update, Android Game Dashboard and the Game Mode API will be tied to each other.
Google has already announced the launch of the new Android12 by September or October, the date is not fixed. The Android 12 is coming with multiple changes in the android system. You can see the new operating system to be fast and advanced.
Hope the above content will give you the required information on Android 12.