Why the trend of Fantasy Sports is growing in INDIA?
India is known as the second largest online market due to its high population and the huge number of internet users, still the country has untapped potential that needs to be explored. According to the Statista, there were around 483 million internet users in 2018, which is projected to reach 666.4 million by 2023 (source).
- Top played mobile game – “Ludo King” has crossed 10 million daily active users along with around 70 million monthly users.
- Subway Surfer and Temple Run are following Ludo king with 5 and 2.5 million daily active users.
- One-tenth of the world’s gamers is from India.
- According to the stats, the worth of the Indian gaming industry will reach to $1.1 billion (Rs7,700 crore) and the number of active gamers with crossed 628 million mark by 2020.
- Leading Fantasy Cricket App – “Dream11” has 6+ crore daily active users on its platform, which was just 10 lakhs in 2014.
Trend of Fantasy Cricket in India!
“With around 352.9 billion app downloads and expected number of 2.71 billion users, Fantasy Sports industry will become a $90 billion-dollar industry by this year.”
Why the trend of Fantasy Sports is growing in India?
- India is the second largest country in terms of population and active internet users.
- India has the one-tenth of the world’s gamers.
- In India, there were around 404.1 million smartphone users in 2017 which is projected to cross 829 million by 2022 (source).
- In India, there are more than 65% below the age of 35, who are more digital & social and ready to adapt trends.
- India contributes 90% of the total number of cricket fans worldwide.
- India is to be expected to reach 666.4 million active internet user’s marks by 2023.
- India has the growing GDP, which simply shows the spending capacity of India. Whereas youth wants to explore earning options using their craze and cricket skills.
Due to such trend, there are several sports organizations or OPCs who are already entered into the segment and adapted Fantasy Sports App Development by expert developers and launched their Fantasy App in the market. Few of them are: Fantasy power 11, Lucky 11, Club11, My11players, etc.