UX vs UI – A guide to demonstrate differences!
Create boundaries in between excellence and perfection via adopting creative, elegant, and expressive web design services that combine both UX and UI into one single application and show real differences through UX vs UI comparision!
Let me ask you first, who are you? A technical nerd or just a common man, who doesn’t know what’s going on behind your computer screen. But, if you are a nerd, who’s professionally or personally indulged in development kind of things, then you might know what basically UX and UI.
Don’t you know? Well, keep moving ahead with this article, here we have concluded the differences, workflow, market demand and salaries of both UX and UI professionals to make you clear about UX vs UI.
UI stands for?
UI – User Interface, first introduced in the beginning of computing as a basic terminology of science, which stands for user interacting screens or pages.
Did you remember the earliest computer devices?
Earliest computers required a proficiency in programming languages to operate and execute functions and you can’t find any GUI there to understand the output. You have to be an expert in your language to get your desired results, otherwise you destroyed that system.
UX stands for?
UX – User Experience isn’t a traditional term that can be found out in science terminology or any book. It was coined by the cognitive scientist and the co-founder of Nielsen Norman Group Design Consultancy. He defined it like:
“User experience encompasses all aspects of the end-user’s interaction with the company, its services, and its products.”
He does an explanation about why he invented the term in a mail, stated:
The statement clearly described that your web design interface should be expressive to interact with your customer and makes their experience much better.
Professional Definitions of UI and UX
Here, you can check out professional definitions provided on renowned resources about User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX):
User Experience (UX)
User Interface (UI)
Global Myths that destroying several emotions
Several theories, each symbolize different thing, what does it mean? Might be authors have different perception, but it leads someone on a wrong track. Those wrong perceptions pronounced as Myth. We can see them everywhere on internet, due to which everyone is calling themselves a UI/UX designer, even the fresher ones. Here’s a few of those illustrated, check them beneath:
- User Interface is nothing but a part of User Experience. Wrong, UI and UX, both are separate portions of design industry, although a single person can handle them, but not required. User Interface is a way that made an interaction between a system and a user easier, while on other hand, User Experience is a complete stack that showcase how actually a system works.
- User Interface is just GUI. Although in current scenario, everyone is hoping that, but that’s a wrong perception. As per the definition, user interface is the way to make interaction easier in between user and system, but that’s not only through graphics. A user can be a developer, who uses hard coded interfaces, where we usually can’t find any graphic or icons.
Differences between UI and UX
Apart from the Myths, there are several differences exists that somehow impressed as myths, but not exactly as they aren’t misinterpreting the meaning. Take a look at a few of those UX vs UI differences, here:
- User Interface is the first impression that boost a will of user to interact with the product or service, whereas User Experience is the flow of customer that showcase how a user reach out to that product flawlessly.
- User Interface surrounded by the designing work, while User Experience is surrounded by the customer thought process.
- User Interface catches the attention and makes them feel relaxed, while User Experience connect them to the processes and flawless outcomes.
- User Interface denotes the final layout of any application or system, while User Experience denotes flow mock-ups that describes conceptual expectations such as connections, navigation and functionalities.
- User Interface is all about visual graphics, while User Experience is about usability, performance and results.
Future Scope of UX and UI
Are you in confusion with your selection of UX or UI field? If yes, just think about DIGITAL INDIA campaign, it will clear your doubts and make you more comfortable about the future scope. Moreover that, just take a look at the future trends such as AI, Chatbots, IoT, etc. each segment is focused on user experience along with interface.
On the other hand, there is approx. 4.16 billion active internet users worldwide and 3.3 billion active social media users. These numbers are increasing every year with a penetration rate of around 54%. These numbers can help you to predict future of internet world.
Take a look at the chart provided by Statista.
UX vs UI - Mesmerizing Facts:
- Worldwide 4.16 billion internet users and 462 million are in India only.
- Digital Trends are moving towards Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, and Mobile Designs, where everything is dependent over user experience along with an elegant interface.
- In every second, at least 1 website becomes live.
- In 2017, around 178.1 billion apps were downloaded worldwide and the number is predicted to reach at 258.2 billion by 2022. (source)
- In India, 730.7 million mobile users were recorded in 2017 and according to the Statista stats, the number will cross 800 million mark by 2019. Take a look at the chart beneath:
- According to the stats, there are around 5000 IT companies from small to large scale in every state with an average no of employees 20.
Remuneration of UX vs UI designers
With a growing number of requirements, there is obviously a growth in remuneration. To measure a growth, we always look around the remuneration that a UI-UX designer get. Here’s the stats regarding the remuneration of UX and UI web designers in India, take a look:
- According to Glassdoor, average salary of a UX designer in India is ₹829, 920/yr., whereas average base pay of a UI designer is ₹507, 943/yr.
- According to the PayScale, here is the salary segmentation as per the job level:
- UI Designer
- Entry-Level – ₹155, 074 – ₹711, 945
- Mid-Level – ₹318,981 – ₹1,167,289
- Expert –Level – ₹377,143 – ₹1,700,000
- UX Designer
- Entry-Level – ₹221,202 – ₹1,229,662
- Mid-Level – ₹411,188 – ₹1,654,257
- Expert –Level – ₹437,086 – ₹2,123,932
- UI Designer