Why is native app development often more costly than cross-platform or hybrid app development?
Budget is one of the most important factors while developing an application, as it decides the type of app you will be building for your business. Many business owners are confused while going for the app development for their business. There are two types of app development: Native and Hybrid.
NATIVE APP DEVELOPMENT
Native mobile apps ease the process of app development on certain platforms by choosing the language for the respective platform. Swift and Objective-C are used for typical iOS apps and Kotlin or Java to build Android apps.
There is a high tendency of bugs occurring as for the development there is no requirement of cross-platform.
Pros of Native Apps
- Performed better than the hybrid application.
- Native apps are supported by all app stores and the marketplace.
- These types of apps are interactive and run smoothly as user input and output.
- While developing native apps, developers have access to a set of all the features of the operating system.
- One can provide a better user experience through hybrid apps.
- The user experience of native apps is far superior to hybrid apps. To the user, the flow is more natural because of each mobile operating system’s specific UI guidelines and standards.
- A native app must be approved by its respective operating system which assures quality, security, and device compatibility.
Cons of Native Apps
- Use difficult programming languages and required professional developers.
- Native app development is costlier, compared to hybrid apps.
- A native app is not a suitable option for simple applications.
HYBRID APP DEVELOPMENT
Pros of Hybrid App Development
- Hybrid app development doesn’t need a web browser.
- One type of codebase is required for hybrid app development.
- All the hybrid apps have access to the device hardware and internal API.
Cons of Hybrid App Development
- These apps are much slower compared to the native apps.
- It is quite time-consuming and complicated as you are dependent on third-party platforms.
- In rare cases, the customization in hybrid apps is more expensive than the native app development.
DOES NATIVE DEVELOPMENT COST MORE?
Yes, Native app development is costlier because of the use of different technology and programming language to develop apps for respective platforms – iOS and Android. To develop a native app, a different language is required for different platforms, which requires more knowledge and time. Any random developer can’t develop the native applications.
Both hybrid and native app development require almost the same amount of effort and time.
NATIVE APP DEVELOPMENT COST
Native App Development Costs you more than hybrid app development.
- The average cost of developing a mobile app varies from $1,00,000 to $5,00,000.
- To develop an app with a web server, the cost is $8000 to $50,000.
- To develop iOS/Android app with customization, one needs $2,00,000 to $3,50,000.
- To build a gaming native app approximately your budget should be more than $6000 to $2,50,000.
HYBRID APP DEVELOPMENT COST
Hence, Native Development is slightly costlier compared to Hybrid app development. But native app development has its own advantages for your business. Before hiring the best app development services, decide what kind of application you want for your business. Consider the development cost and features, before going for any certain type of development.