A Complete Guide to Patent a Mobile App Idea
Why Patent your Unique Mobile App Idea?
- It helps protect the idea from being financially exploited by unauthorized people.
- It allows the patent holder to have legal action against the people who try to release the clone app.
- It acts as proof of your idea’s uniqueness & novelty and thus saves you from all sorts of legal complexities.
Step by Step method to Apply for Mobile App Patenting
To patent your Mobile App, one needs to follow a certain procedure, which should be in a certain pattern. App development companies can assist you with the entire patenting procedure and make it easy for you to get the legal stamp from the government.
Step 1: Hire a Patent Attorney
Step 2: Disclosure
Step 3: Patent Search
To decide the patent type, quick research is important to understand all the terms/conditions, the goal of the app idea, features finalization etc.
Step 4: Application Filing
- Specification: Mention the app idea, background, title and summary of the application.
- Claims: The whole idea should be unique and a claim cannot be done on anything which belongs to a third party.
- Drawings – If there are any visual interfaces and supporting drawings, all should be represented as flowcharts, figures and drawings to eliminate any sort of confusion.
Step 5: Submission of the Application
Alternative of Patenting
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
Now, you have all the knowledge and reasons why to patent your mobile app idea before it gets too late for you. Indeed the process is long and complex, but with the assistance of mobile app developers; you got this. Such development services are well aware of the procedure and its requirement to help you to get over the procedure as soon as possible.